Thursday, February 26, 2009

I have a nice daddy!

We went to the farm to sing to Grampa and share with him his birthday cake. Michael seemed a little concerned as to the absence of "the cake". His boys looked at it funny, "It's a boxed cake?" Dad has made his share of cakes and knew that with that amount of eggs you could make quite alot of cake. Ivy was glad that the dripping wax was not contaminating her slice. Mark joked that all you needed to add was cake mix water and oil and voila! you get cake!
I had always wanted to make a multiple layered cake, you know something fancy and extra special. Yesterday seemed like the perfect opportunity being the birthday of someone I really like and look up to and rudely woke up in the middle of the night for no real reason except that my mind was still turned on but running enough up to speed to realize others would be in bed. So sorry dad. What kind of chickens lay these eggs?
Instead of cutting the cake- it was opened and a slice was gobbled with one or two bites. Cake on the go. Easy to slip into your mouth quickly if someon is coming into the room that you would rather not know you were eating chocolate cake. Also figure friendly size being easy to eat just one bite of a very rich and sweet birthday cake. Dad had the opportunity to keep them all to himself but he shared them and even invited the doorbell ringing elder neighbors to eat some. Cake bites served with vanilla ice cream. I think I will try this again though I will have to get a sitter to protect my library books and fireplace and gnomes and newspapers and well the adorable monster that I have created.
I love my father. Serving and thinking always of others. I would celebrate his birhtday everyday as long as he didn't get a year older each time. We want him around for a long time yet!




2 comments: