

Today is the anniversary of the birth of someone very special to me. I remember vaguely her birth, staying with Nana, bathing her in a yellow tub, examining her belly button red stuff, her incessant crying, praying in the room for her to feel better. As she aged, I remember with shame calling her thiefy! thiefy! as she tried to join in Heather and my play with our elaborate Fisher Price structures. (She always grabbed important parts of our infrastructure.) I remember, remember, so much about her life. Half of mine was intertwined with hers. Amazingly, this beautiful sister, my golden haired doll, grew up. As we grew, she was completely loyal, always listening, always understanding. This sister was one person in my life who never was threatened by me or tried to pull me down to proper size. She loves me and supports me and this is a rare gift given just by her. As an adult, she cares deeply about her family relationships. She once told me that when she goes to California she works where Mom is working so she can be with mom. She does that with everyone. I don't know anyone who has made a greater effort for a relationship with her family. She makes regular long trips, sends cards, notes and calls regularly. How I love her calls. She often calls for advice, but she is long past needing that. I always end the call feeling inspired by her life and striving. She has created a life full of virtue, a life lived on her own terms. She doesn't look at others lives and try to copy them, she knows who she is and builds on that. Her hard work has created a paradise of sorts for her darling children. She has studied and thought to parent her children well and thus reaps the rewards of well behaved children. Her talents and hard work have turned her into a fascinating woman who has so much to offer the world. I am so in awe of the way she and Sherwin manage their worldly affairs, the solid way they approach the gospel, her steadfastness and her trustworthiness. I would want to be stranded on an island with her. Today is her birthday and I have not begun to share all the things I love about her, so I will save some for next year. So, here's to knowing Julie, for having the privelege of sharing her life. Thanks to a loving Father who gave her to me. Family, what do you love about our Julie? I would love to know.









I have 14 years of items I love about Julie. Lucky me.
ReplyDeleteReading that I almost felt I could have been writing it except the part about remembering her in a yellow bath tub and all. Julie- you really are all those things and many more to us.
ReplyDeleteholly -- that was beautiful . . . i could not have said better what julie means to me. inspirational is a perfect descriptive word. if i were reading that to someone, i would be unable to finish the first few sentances. i love the way you see such beauty in other people, holly! i love you!
ReplyDeletejulie -- i love you so very much, and it is a pity that i only really let you know once or if im lucky twice a year. you truly are an inspiration to me. i thamk you for living your life so amazingly! i know you may see your faults and say that it wasnt amazing to live your life, but your example is one i hope to follow in the lines. i love you.
love *ivy loo*
Thank you! :)
ReplyDeleteMary Poppins!!!
ReplyDeleteDad