

Summer is now done and school is going to start this week. Darian and Wade will be ready, they have been working hard at home school all summer. One of our recent projects was learning about the Huichol (WEE-chol) Indians of northwest Mexico. We learned that they are famous for their brightly colored yarn paintings. These paintings tell stories about their history and religion. A yarn painting is made by pressing yarn into beeswax that has been warmed by the sun, we used glue. Both boys thought hard about the symbols they wanted in their design. Darian is working on a sun with bows and arrows surrounding. Wade has candles, fire, sun, a flower as well as arrows.
We are all excited for school to begin. Darian and Wade have been practicing getting up on time and getting the animals fed and taken care of as well as making a lunch before 8 AM. The bus will come at 8:25. They are doing better and better every day. I am supposed to be practicing getting up with them, to make breakfast and see them off. I am not doing so well. I drag my self out of bed at 8AM. I will do better this week.
With everybody starting school it is making me feel a little left out. :o( -Elisabeth
ReplyDeleteHow cute!- mom
The only thing I miss about school starting is NEW CLOTHES! Guess it is a good excuse for at least one new something.....the art project looks like great fun!
ReplyDelete